Courses of Interest
Below are courses that we feel our conference attendees might find useful.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET): Technology and Application
Dates: Wednesday 24 April to Friday 26 April 2019
Venue: Kings College London – Guy’s Campus(London Bridge), SE1 9RT
Fees: £780 corporate, £680 non corporate, £325 student candidates
For more information and to apply please visit:
Please note there is an early bird discount of £100 for corporate/non corporate attendees and £50 early bird discount for students.
What does the course cover?
- How PET radioisotopes are produced
- The chemistry of labelling compounds with shortlived positron-emitting radionuclides
- The design of PET tracers: impact on interpretation of scanning data (eg position of labelling, metabolism and sterochemistry)
- PET instrumentation: how does a PET scanner or a cyclotron work?
- How PET data is analysed (kinetic modelling, image analysis)
- How PET is used as a tool in basic biomedical research, pre-clinical studies, probing in vivo biological processes/mechanisms, drug development and discovery, diagnosis and treatment of disease
Click here to see what some of the students said about the last course.